Designed by Jesse Shepherd, the Sting'r E Mk.I and Mk.II are lightweight electric ducted-fan sport flyers that use one or two KP-44 fan units for power. Traditional balsa and plywood construction is used throughout, but you should use 4 to 6 lb./cu. ft. balsa for construction. The dual-fan version has excellent flight performance, and the single-fan version flies nicely in calm conditions.
- Type: Electric single or dual ducted-fan sport flyer
- Wingspan: Mk.I, 32 in.; Mk.II, 36 in.
- Length: 27.5 in.
- Wing Area: Mk.I, 196 sq. in.; Mk.II 223 sq. in.
- Weight: Mk.I, 9.5 oz.; Mk.II, 15.5 oz.
- Wing Loading: Mk.I, 7 oz./sq. ft.; Mk.II, 10 oz/sq. ft.
- Motors Used: one or two K&P Aero Models KP-44 fan units
- Radio Req'd: 3-channel (rudder, elevator and throttle)
- Difficulty Level: 2
- Sheets: 1