Designed by Nick Ziroli Sr., the Rudderbug-E is a modern, electric-powered RC version of the original 1949 Good brothers' design. It uses traditional balsa and plywood construction techniques. The fuselage incorporates a central crutch so the model can be built on a flat surface. A side door provides access to the radio gear and drive battery.
- Type: vintage electric RC sport model
- Wingspan: 54 in.
- Length: 39 in.
- Weight: 48 oz.
- Wing Area: 480 sq. in.
- Wing Loading: 14.5 oz./sq. ft.
- Radio req'd: 3-channel (elevator, throttle and rudder) with two miniservos
- Radio used: Airtronics RD6000 transmitter, Airtronics 92745/72 FM receiver with two Airtronics 94556 Microlite servos
- Motor used: AstroFlight geared cobalt 05 with Jeti 350 ESC
- Battery used: 7-cell, 1400 mAh Ni-Cd
- Difficulty Level: 2
- Sheets: 1
READ ARTICLE FROM MODEL AIRPLANE NEWS