The Riser Rider is an entry-level, powered sailplane that can be flown from extremely confined sites. The soaring performance is adequate to ride light thermals. With the proper battery capacity and the presence of lift, it has a potential flight duration in excess of 1-1/2 hours. The least complicated 3-channel transmitter with V-tail mixing is adequate for control. Its minimum flight area is a baseball infield.
- Type: Sailplane
- Wingspan: 38 in.
- Length: 17.5 in.
- Weight: 5.8 oz.
- Wing Area: 230 sq. in.
- Wing Loading: 3.6 oz./sq. ft.
- Power system: GWS IPS DXA drive
- Prop: 8.5x8 folder or GWS 9x7
- Battery: Kokam 2-cell Li-poly
- Receiver: Berg 4-channel micro-receiver
- Servos: 2 microservos (rudder and elevator)
- ESC: 2A GWS IC-50A
- Difficulty Level: 2
- Sheets: 1